- Monday 8th of February, 3 to 1 tutorials in YEAR1 office space. Let’s start with the magnificent group of 4th years at 11:00am, so they can concentrate in the Wednesday DR meeting. Please bring: Site data, climate data, brief, detail programme description, plans, sections, elevations, 3D models, technical details, structural test and sketches…etc. The models or material test developed in TERM one that are still relevant will be as well part of the information to bring. Arrange it according to the DR sections. DR Section 1 info, DR Section 2 info, DR Section 3 info, DR Section 4 info.
Following the 2 y4 slots, we will carry on with the y5 3 to 1 meetings.
Please feel free to organize the groups of 3 by commenting to this post or any other media.
- DR MEETING, Wednesday 10th. The DR discussion will be concerning the info described previously.
- Izaskun’s PHD jury in Madrid, Wednesday 10th, Aula Magna, starting at 16:00.
- Sou Fujimoto, Wednesday 10th, 18:30 – 20.00. Rm. G02. 140 Hampstead Road | NW1 2BX. Between Nature and Architecture. Japanese architect Sou Fujimoto will discuss the relationship between nature and architecture, as well as that between nature and artificial environments. As a practicing architect he will demonstrate how he bridges architecture and nature using different design approaches and the fact that sometimes architectural design doesn’t intervene, but rather respects and works with what already exists.
ACTIVITIES OF THE 16TH WEEK!
- TUTORIAL DAY, Wednesday the 3rd of February. 207 at 132HR, starting at 1. Could you please make a running order?
- BARBARA PENNER, Thursday the 4th of February… 3-4pm,132HR Room 206. The debate is open to everybody! We need 4 students presenting the projects. Thinking in the projects should be very diverse to give a very interesting spectrum. Hands up?
ACTIVITIES OF THE 17TH WEEK!
- TUTORIAL DAY, Monday the 8th of February. As I’ll be in Spain for Izaskun’s PHD jury, I cannot be on Wednesday.
Loads of energy!
There is no time for literature ;) , so let’s go to the point:
- BARTLETT DRAWING CLUB, Monday the 25th of January, 140 Hampstead Road, NW1 2BX, room 131. From 7:30-9:30pm, just £5. CONFIRMED! Michelangelo Buonarroti comes to the BARTLETT DRAWING CLUB this Monday 25th of January to start the 2016 drawing sessions! He would give us his best tips and tricks used for the Studies of an outstretched arm for the fresco ‘The Drunkenness’ PRETTY COOL!
- ARCH OBJECTS LECTURE SERIES by Nat Chard & Luke Pearson, Tuesday the 26th of January, in G02, 140 Hampstead Road, NW1 2BX, from 19.00 – 20.30. We will learn EVERYTHING on drawings and its many forms.
- WEDNESDAY 27th of JANUARY, UNIT22 SELF CRIT, room 207 at 132HR, from 9:30am to 18:00. As expressed last week, this Wednesday we will have the opportunity to describe your TERM2 work graphically. We need:
- Context plans (all information about the site you have!). If there is no context, there is no proposal.
- Building Plants.
- Building Sections.
- Building 3D models.
- INTERNATIONAL LECTURE SERIES, RICHARD WILSON, Wednesday 27 January | 18.30 – 20.00. G02. 140 Hampstead Road | NW1 2BX. Richard Wilson RAis one of Britain’s most renowned sculptors. He is internationally celebrated for his interventions in architectural space which draw heavily on their inspiration from the worlds of engineering and construction, and are characterised by concerns with size and structural daring.
Izaskun and Carlos