This is the POST that describes our activities of the week.
1- Tuesday, CROSSED COMMENTARIES.
2- Wednesday, DESIGN EVOLUTION.
3- Thursday, ONE TO ONE TUTORIALS.
1- Tuesday morning, CROSSED COMMENTARIES:
After producing the first design collections, we invite you all to POST individually a brief commentary about our colleagues work, around 30 word per commentary (TWEET style). This commentaries can be text, links to videos, web pages…etc. This is in fact, an attempt to look closer to our brief. In order to focus our look in a deeper and professional way, each one of you would have an specific role (each role has been extracted form the design attitudes of the Brief. The task consist on posting 2 commentaries MINIMUM per colleague hand in, focusing in the designs that seems to be less close to the DARE TO CARE perspective. I’ve done the assignation throwing a coin, so please, don’t look for further reasons:
– Akmal & Sinan:We will measure the quality of architecture by its ability to represent the interest and
programs of others.
-Megan T. & Kaowen:We will abandon anthropocentrism rejecting human activities as more important than
-Clarissa & Alex:We will accept and include the legitimacy of different aesthetical repertoires. Tenderness,
Closeness, Affection has not been part of the architects’ official aesthetics but will be part of
the “structure of feelings” that our projects will promote.
– Megan S. & Rachel: We will include the ecological limits and dependence of everything we design.
– Liwei & Paul L-W:We want our colleagues to learn to build clues from observing, participating and
experimenting. Knowledge coming from sharing the future performance of our architecture
will be postulated as much more reliable than that deducted from theoretical propositions.
– William & Michelle:We will take care of architecture rights, architecture will deserve our interest not matter how
small, peripheral or academically irrelevant seem at first glance.
– Negin: We will consider any waste or small part of already used materials as candidates to create
new components for our architecture.
– Julian: We won´t avoid break, mistake or error. On the contrary, we will look for creating breakable
conditions that not only can be relevant academically, but can ensure reversibility or that
stimulate adaptation and change.
– Claire:We won´t promote a merely romantic attitude. Use of digital and interactive technology will
be encouraged. The aims and goals for its use would not only include technical show of but
a real empowering the all users’ communities.
– Paul Mc:We will aim the students to take care of themselves -body and soul- as experimental
approach to their designs.
2- Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday, DESIGN EVOLUTION: After studding the colleagues commentaries, you should start designing improvements of the previous projects.
3- Thursday, ONE TO ONE TUTORIALS: I will be at the Bartlett form 9:00 to 18:00 for one to one tutorials with all of you. Please, divide the day in half an hour slots and choose the most suitable for you by posting a commentary to this post. I will have lunch form 14:00 to 14:30.
10:30am, PAUL M.
11:00am, MEGAN S.
11:30am, PAUL L.M.
15:00pm, MEGAN T.
Again, Thank you very much for your attention!