(Please find attached Payment 1 Spreadsheet – sketch of model on its way!)
Just a brief overview of this mornings meeting:
– We have to present a largely finished product by November 2nd
This leaves us 10 days to work with.
– It was agreed that finishing the base / engine / primary disc would be priority.
The base frame (that supports and houses the engine) will be 1000mm Squared and the disc will have a diameter of 1200mm
– The idea of having a ‘primary disc’ on which to place (securely) our own individual discs / ‘pies’ would obviously mean we only need to construct 1 frame structure.
– We will probably require a separate room in which to built the frame / run tests etc. and I have asked Don about room availability.
I will need to speak to Kevin Jones about this, but is only back in the building on Monday, so will ask ASAP on Monday.
– Discussions over storage of models and their construction were had.
‘Individual pie pieces’ is an option where we could potentially break our own ‘pies’ up into 3/4/15 segments to make it easier to work in studio, and transport around.
However, breaking up a whole disc into pieces could lead to a trickier assembly process and the perfect alignment on the primary disc may not happen.
– Furthermore, consideration must be given to a ‘tiered’ zoetrope, as opposed to a flat ring version.
Stacking adds considerable weight and this affects engine choice/cost
– With regards to lighting / the strobe
Suggestions about using a magnet to help time light flashes were put forward as opposed to using a timer – this means a more accurate flash rate, but potentially too complex?
– I know that Negin / Will / Kaowen / Paul L-W / Akmal and Sinan are doing some research this weekend into electronics / engines so we should be able to make some decisions on Monday about
Please could we meet on Monday 24th at 10:00 to discuss weekend findings / problems / ways forward.
Please could you let me know about money required and I will manage that so no one is out of pocket.
These are just some ideas to think about. If I have left anything off / misquoted or made a false statement, please shout, and I shall retract / correct myself.
xxx Meg S