Activities of the week:
Today, read carefully the following document in which we give some clues to take advantage of 3rd TERM having the best May ever! joining project development, creative approach to design, the highest intellectual ambition and OF COURSE, enjoyment!
- Wednesday 6th of May, 9:30. Room HR140 130. General session, presenting the series of final documents samples, sketch videos and models you are committed to develop in the following weeks. Please, take this samples very seriously, because the understanding of you project relays in the communicability of your portfolio. Upload the information to the BLOG following Oliver´s and tutors´recommendations (the session is more dynamic and consistently faster).
- Wednesday 6th of May, once we finish the general session we will propose you all to choose the most suitable CRIT day for you. Originally, we were proposing year 5 one day, and year 4 other day, but it might happen some of you would prefer to be organized differently, and 2 mixed crits is better for a larger number of people, so we have 7 students one day, and 7 students a second day.
TERM IS NOT A MAKING UP PERIOD, IT IS A DESIGN TERM.
TO EVERY STUDENT.
May is a month in which two efforts should be combined:
The effort of keeping designing so that not only your proposals are correctly developed but they achieve excellence in some contains.
The effort of choosing effective formats allowing your work to be meaningful for others.
We want EVERY STUDENT to keep this in mind. In May any of those efforts is quite inefficient without the other. Don’t think is just a question of doing beautiful images from a project that is already done. Don’t think is just a question of taking private decisions in private diagrams or drawings. May is the month in which your architecture begins to be not only yours. Therefore formats allowing appropriation are important. Therefore achieving substantial discoveries is necessary.
Those who have the temptation of thinking they should not introduce novelties because then they should change everything please get rid of this though. It is much more important to achieve excellence in some points than to make sections and plans being amazingly coherent.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR YEAR 4.
There is a difference between portfolio and DR. In many cases students simplify their own intentions and hypothesis from first term to ensure they complete the report. IT IS CRUCIAL THAT YOU ALL REFLECT ON YOUR OWN SIMPLIFICATIONS AND INCREASE NOW AMBITION AND INNOVATION. May is not to complete DR is a month to achieve a view of the future: of how you could deeply improve reality with a personal architecture.
SPECIAL NOTE FOR YEAR 5.
Be very careful when interpreting May as a month for presentation. All your proposals need a further development to achieve excellence in certain points. What is essential is to find points in which this relevance and uniqueness can be achieved.
3rd TERM DEFINING SUMMER SHOW CONTAINT.
The final results (projects and documents) of every UNIT22 members will summarize the accomplished design skills, will give the last push our portfolios require to be consistent, and as well will conform the content of the Summer Show Exhibition.
YOUR BEST MAY EVER IS AN ACHIEVABLE CHALLENGE.
It is our intention (and duty) to encourage you all to maintain the highest level of intellectual ambition, and to consider this last TERM not just as a mere “visual effect explosion”, but as the most intense and intentional design period of the Academic year, and the documents and graphic media you will use as efficient design tools.
EMPOWERING THE LEGACY OF GENERATION Z brief is aiming to empower a very particular target, to achieve consistent social improvements. Therefore, our documents must express this goal.
- All documents must be self explanatory.
- All documents must test the new piece of world you are designing following a declared set of hypothesis.
- All documents must describe the context of the proposal.
- All documents must describe the role the users have in the designed environment, the choreographed performance they develop in their proposed everyday life.